We are ADESA Auctions Canada Corporation a wholly owned subsidiary of KAR Holdings Inc., a publicly traded company on the NYSE:KAR. We are one of 68 ADESA Auctions in North America. We have a great team that is Driven by YOUR Success. ADESA Values drive us in our daily decisions. Our ADESA Values are INTEGRITY, EMPLOYEE WELFARE, CUSTOMER CARE, SAFETY, PROFITABILITY, COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT, TEAMWORK, and most importantly, FUN.
What goes into an appraisal?
- Referencing the ADESA Market Guide which takes the last 42 days of actual vehicles sold at auction.
- Reference to the Canadian Black Book which is generated by real auction values over the last 30 days.
- Vehicle Condition: Kilometer’s, condition, accident history, colour, model, driveline, extra features and options
- Market Conditions: Seasonality for trucks, cars, SUV’s, trailers and all types of vehicles.
3) Register your vehicle for sale. You can sell your vehicle with a reserved price or unreserved. There are different fee’s for unreserved vehicles and will guarantee your vehicle SOLD at the next auction. If you set a reserve we will only sell your vehicle for your asking price or more but never less.
What we require:
- Supply a BC registration in your name.
- CarProof Search will be completed and all declarations declared.
- Lien search completed as all our vehicles are sold with a clean title.
- Remove your license plates.
- We recommend that you wait until your vehicle sells before canceling your insurance. This will ensure your vehicle is covered until it is sold at which point it becomes the buyers responsibility.
4) Complete vehicle enhancements to MAXIMIZE the sale price of your vehicle with Value added services. National Remarketing statistics states that for every $1 spent on professional reconditioning will net on average $2.27 return.
Value added services offered:
- Professional Detail Shop onsite where we can make your car shine. In the automotive world there is a saying “Clean Cars sell”. We strongly recommend your vehicle is detailed before being sold. You can do this yourself or you can simply drop it off with our professional vehicle detailers.
- ICBC Body Shop on site. Make minor repairs to enhance the eye appeal and attractiveness of your car. Fix minor dings and dents or repair and replace hubcaps. We can also complete your insurance claim for major repairs required as well.
- ADESA Glass shop on site. If your vehicle’s windshield is cracked or broken it is a great investment to replace it before you offer it for sale. The replacement cost at ADESA Glass will 80% of the time will be lower than the price of insurance deductible.
- ADESA Mechanical shop on site. We can do major and minor repairs on your vehicle to be sure that buyers don’t have any hesitation in buying your vehicle. Clean oil and topped up fluids goes a long way.
5) Experience the auction at one of ADESA’s Sale Events in person or live online. All of our auctions are broadcast live online every Saturday at 10am and Wednesday at 7pm. Click here for more details.
Funds from ADESA are always guaranteed for:
- Vehicles sold at the Wednesday 7 pm auction can be picked up after 3 pm Friday.
- Vehicles sold at the Saturday 10 am auction can be picked up after 3 pm on Tuesday.
- We will sell or get an offer for you on your vehicle in 7 days or less.
- We will ask you before we sell your vehicle if it is less than your minimum reserve.
- We will give you the best showing of your car at our auction in a professional and organized way.
- We guarantee a fair market place where you have the best chance to maximize the return on your investment.
- We do the work so you don’t have to have people call you or knock on your door for test drives and vehicle viewings at all hours of the night.
- We do the negotiating for you so you don’t have to deal with buyers trying to buy your car for as little as possible. Our interest is in trying to get you as much as you can for your investment.
When a seller consigns a vehicle to ADESA Richmond Public Auction, he or she assumes responsibility that the information provided is both accurate and complete. If a seller misrepresents their vehicle, or if seller's declarations are not disclosed according to Auction rules and provincial requirements, a buyer can take the matter to the auction arbitration officer.
Should the seller be found at fault, full commission fees will be charged to the seller on the canceled sale. Since the Auction does not represent any vehicle, it is the seller's responsibility to declare all defects. No matter how minor the problem, an honest and complete declaration will build confidence and create goodwill.
All vehicles consigned at the auction must be transacted through our office. No vehicle will be offered for sale without a serial plate, a B.C. registration and proper identification. Sellers are responsible for ensuring the odometer reading, make and model year are accurate.
Sellers must also ensure their vehicles are sold free and clear of all liens and encumbrances.
The Seller runs the risk of having the sale canceled, the purchase price reduced and / or other charges / fines incurred, if they fail to make any of the following announcements. These include but are not limited to:
- Vehicle has:
- Faulty odometer
- Changed odometer
- Odometer in miles
- Five digit odometer over 100,000 miles or kms
- The true kilometers or miles are unknown, in which case one of the following announcements must be made:
- Odometer discrepancy / Replaced or Repaired
- Odometer discrepancy / Not actual miles
- Vehicle requires a government safety inspection/certification/structural integrity
- Vehicle was previously used as a:
- Police or emergency vehicle
- Driving school vehicle
- Government vehicle
- Rental or lease vehicle
- Vehicle suffers from any of the following defects:
- Flood damage
- Fire damage
- Excessive rusting, including frame or unitized body
- Roof damage
- Structural damage
- Two or more adjacent panels changed
- Air bags deployed, defective or absent
- Defective ABS system
- Cancellation of manufacture's warranty
- Major defects that would cost over $750 (according to standard manufacturer's/Mitchell's established warranty standard rates) to repair on:
- Major power train i.e. differentials
- Major exception to original or advertised production specifications
- Vehicle cut in two or two frames welded together.
- Vehicle branded as:
- Provincial inspection required
- Accident-repaired over $2000
- Insurance Write-Off, Total Loss, according to insurer and/or manufacturers records
- Parts Only
- Vehicle was stolen and has been recovered.
- Vehicle is not road worthy.
- U.S. vehicle.
- Grey market vehicle.
- Out of Province Vehicle.
- VIN plate replaced.
- A Sport Utility or Truck that is 2WD as a 4WD
Sellers who are caught price-boosting (shilling) their own vehicles, or vehicles belonging to friends, will be charged full commission fees and endure permanent banishment from the auction. Other auto auctions will be notified.
Anyone caught tampering with or removing parts from vehicles will be permanently banned. They will also be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Sellers must carry their fire, theft and public liability insurance until their vehicle has been sold. The auction assumes no responsibility for any damage incurred through a third party, or natural occurrences, before or after the actual sale. The auction is insured only for damages caused by its own negligence.
Sellers that require pushing or towing help, mechanical repairs, inspections or other vehicle services will be charged accordingly.
A vehicle is not officially sold until the auctioneer announces the word "SOLD".
Sellers who set a reserved price for a vehicle have the option to reconsider that price before the bidding ends. If the final bid is lower than the reserved price, the seller and buyer can negotiate a new price through the auction. If the seller does not agree to the price, the buyer is instantly released from any obligation.
For more information about selling your vehicle, please be sure ask a service representative.
Saturday, Aug 19th - 10:00AM:
Wednesday, August 23rd - 7:00pm:
Auctions Every Wed. 7PM & Sat. 10AM